Engineering Private School in Fairburn and Peachtree City, GA
An Overview of the Academy of Engineering and Technology
Is your child interested in what makes machines tick? Perhaps he or she is your go-to resource for any computer problems. If your child loves technology, consider enrolling him or her at our Academy of Engineering and Technology. As part of the Landmark Christian School private school academics, this academy focuses on teaching the basics of problem-solving, physics, and much more. Learn more about what your child will experience while enrolled in this outstanding program in Fairburn, GA.
Meet Engineering Instructor Baffour Osei
A native of Ghana, Baffour Osei moved to the United States at the age of 13. Upon graduating high school, he attended Fisk and Vanderbilt Universities, where he double-majored in engineering and physics. Since completing his education, Mr. Osei has dedicated himself to helping students use their God-given skills and talents to create something new. Not only does he bring expertise in engineering and technology, but he also coaches the varsity football team and is a mentor to players.
Explore the Classes Your Student Can Take
Students at the Academy of Engineering and Technology choose from a wide range of exciting courses. Throughout their time with us, they'll hone their skills in computer-aided design (CAD), 3D printing, and even video game design. They collaborate on projects, some of which have produced fantastic results, such as an electric skateboard and hydrogen generator. We're proud to offer a variety of classes where students can express their creativity and learn something new along the way. Some courses your student can expect to take include:
- AP Computer Science Principles: Your student will learn the basics of computer science and programming. Topics include organizing data, developing algorithms, and the ethics of computing systems.
- Intro to CAD & Fabrication: Students meet the challenges associated with computer-aided design, visualizing the finished product in both two and three dimensions.
- Intro to Engineering Design: Your student will learn the fundamentals of problem evaluation and the solution design process. Other topics include the basics of electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering.
- Optics, Astronomy & Physics: Understanding physics is crucial for all kinds of technology learning. In this course, students learn the basic concepts of physics and how it relates to the earth and the universe.
- Programming for Robotics: Students work to create dependent and autonomous robots of all shapes and sizes. They will also complete modules on physical computing and improving robotics hardware and software.
More Than Just Academics
While it's easy to see all the engineering principles your child will learn at our private school, students also learn life skills. They begin to understand the fundamentals of building tools and resources that can be used to make the world a better place. Not only that, but they get lots of experience with problem-solving. Building problem-solving skills early is crucial to developing into an adult who is well-prepared for real-world expectations.
Technology Learning for All Levels
The Academy of Engineering and Technology is proud to welcome students of many different grade levels. High school and middle school students alike will enjoy courses in robotics, CAD, 3D printing, and much more. No matter your child's age, it's never too early to get started on problem-solving skills and the foundations of science.
Contact Us for More Information
If you're searching for the perfect mix of private school academics and a God-driven environment, look no further than Landmark Christian School. At each of our academies, we focus on helping children use their aptitudes and talents for God's glory. Interested in learning more about the Academy of Engineering & Technology? Contact our Fairburn or Peachtree City, GA campus for more information.