Academic credit at Landmark Christian School is awarded upon successful completion of the course with a numerical average of 60 or higher, as determined by the instructor.
Each semester successfully completed earns the student 0.5 credits. Students have the opportunity to earn 4 credits per semester, 8 credits per year, and 32 credits during 4 years in high school, although only 28.5 are required.
NOTE: High school courses taken prior to 9th grade do not count towards the 28.5 credits needed for
graduation. However, they will be reflected on the student’s transcript.
The curriculum is designed to prepare college-bound students in an academically rigorous environment. Students typically receive 7-8 credits per academic year, one of which is Bible.
● Mathematics: students are required to take 4 years of Mathematics courses between 9th through 12th
grade concluding with a course that is Pre-Calculus or higher
● English: Students are required to take 4 years of English courses between 9th through 12th grade
● Science: Students are required to take 3 years of Science courses (beyond Physical Science) which
include Biology and Chemistry
● Bible: Incoming freshman are required to take 4 years of Bible courses. Transfer students will take
Bible each year they attend Landmark, but are not required to fulfill the full Bible requirement
● History: Students are required to take 3.5 years of History courses which include Geography (1
semester), World History, United States History, American Government (1 semester), and Economics
● World Languages: Students are required to take 2 years of a single Foreign Language between 9th
through 12th grade
● Fine Arts: students are required to take one year of Fine Arts courses in Chorus, Band, Theatre,
Photography, Film, Graphic Arts, or Art