Aviation Academy Training in Atlanta, GA
Over the next 20 years, estimates predict that the United States will need more than 635,000 new airline pilots. Even with the challenging economic conditions from Covid-19, many pilots retired early, will reach the age of retirement, and the industry will not be able to survive without new, young pilots to take their places. The Landmark Christian School Aviation Academy in Atlanta, GA, provides the introduction and guidance the pilots of tomorrow will need for a lucrative and exciting career in the skies. Our course, Aviation 1, gives students in grades 9 through 12 an in-depth look at the world of flight and prepares young flight enthusiasts to impact the world through professional aviation. Contact us today to get more enrollment information.
Why Pursue a Career in Aviation?
Before COVID-19, commercial airline travel was at an all-time high. Airlines were clamoring to hire and train new aviators, with a significant number of pilots retiring annually at age 65. The Coronavirus changed everything in 2020, but the future still looks bright for flight in a post-pandemic world. Vaccines
have been discovered, and people will once again travel by the millions. The Landmark Christian School Aviation Academy offers our students the proper education and
instruction to prepare them for various opportunities in the field of aviation:
- Pilots: The airline industry will need qualified pilots. Moreover, it won’t just be large commercial companies. There exists a need for commercial, medical, missionary, military, cargo, and corporate pilots as well. Our Aviation Summary 1 course is the perfect preparation for pilot certification, covering topics potential pilots need to know and gain proficiency.
- Mechanics: In 2017, the average age of a flight mechanic was 51 years old. Younger, talented personnel will need to take their place as those mechanics retire, but they will need the education and instruction to do so. Our Aviation Academy offers students an ideal introduction to flight mechanics to give them a competitive e
- Flight Dispatchers: Dispatchers are needed on the ground to fulfill flight plans and ensure the safety and success of thousands of daily flights. In our course, students review dispatcher knowledge such as crew times, weather, routes of flight, field requirements, and more.
- Air Traffic Controllers: There are no flights without air traffic controllers on the ground. There can be no air traffic controllers without professional instruction to teach them how to guide planes and pilots using sophisticated systems and equipment. Our Aviation Academy has the answer to the air traffic challenges of tomorrow.
- Cyber Security: Last year, more than $3 billion was spent on airline cybersecurity. The Landmark Christian School Aviation Academy helps students discover potential digital security roles in the modern world of flight.
Aviation 1 Highlights
The Landmark Aviation Academy was founded in 2018 in order to respond to the worldwide shortage of professional pilots. Even though a student pilot cannot complete their Private Pilot Certificate until the age of 17, the Aviation Academy designs it courses to give future pilots a major head start regarding ground school concepts. As Aviation Academy students move on to colleges with dedicated flight training programs, graduates will be well prepared for an intense and focused training environment whether on the ground or in the air. Our classroom is equipped with state-of-the-art Gleim flight simulators that expose students to flight, even before they start taking flight lessons. The Aviation Academy is led by three pilots: Dr. Jim Lee (regional airline E175 pilot), Angie Faulise (retired Air Force T-38 instructor and C-141 pilot), and Alex Okland (major airline 757/767 pilot and instructor). Presently, the course is available for students in grades 9 through 12 and explores many essential aviation topics in-depth, such as:
- Careers in Aviation: Thousands of pilots may abandon their aviation careers and look elsewhere in the coming years. We that lead the Aviation Academy believe this will only create more opportunities for future Landmark graduates, such as commercial pilots, mechanics, air traffic controllers, and more.
- History of Aviation: Our course looks back and studies the lessons and wisdom of past aviators and events. We travel through time, examine such legendary figures as Da Vinci, the Wright brothers, Bessie Coleman, Charles Lindbergh, Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen, Chuck Yeager, Stephanie Johnson, and Dawn Cook, and apply what they learned to be successful in the modern-day.
- Physics of Flight: Every student of aviation must know the forces of flight. Our course offers a practical study of lift, thrust, gravity, and drag, and how they influence the movements of every aircraft in the sky.
- Navigation: Students will learn how to read and interpret aviation maps, study radio frequencies and why they are important, attend guest speaker lectures, and experience flight simulations on field trips where navigation is critical to success.
- Meteorology: A firm grasp on weather is essential to any pilot. In our course, students will learn about various weather patterns, key differences in the types of clouds and what they mean, and the principles behind flight pattern changes and reactions to the weather while in flight.
In addition to these topics, Aviation 1 will also review:
- Private Pilot Ground School Principles
- Aeronautical Decision Making
- Accident Investigation and Analysis
- Aviation College Counseling
- Airline Pilot Career Counseling
- And more
Contact the Landmark Christian School and Aviation Academy
The Landmark Christian School Aviation Academy offers the first essential step in training the professional pilots of tomorrow. Through our course, students can explore the world of flight, gauge their interest in aviation, and receive vital, hands-on instruction and preparation for a new, exciting, lucrative career. Contact us today to learn more about the Aviation Academy and how your student can enroll for the upcoming year!