After School Assistant
Landmark Christian School seeks a Godly, energetic person who truly enjoys working with children and is in agreement with our school’s Core Values. Previous experience in an educational or childcare setting is preferred and a commitment to ongoing professional development is expected.
Our After School Care professionals function as a team under the leadership of the Director of After School and pledge to shepherd the children by God’s grace and for His glory.
- Work as a member of our team providing Christ-like supervision during the after school hours until 6:00 p.m. on days that school is in session
- Arrive at 2:30 p.m. to set-up, clean, and prepare for students’ arrival at 3:15
- Ensure that proper hygiene and social distancing guidelines are followed
- Check students in and out of ASC with accuracy
- Monitor consumption of snacks with awareness of individual food allergies
- Perform first aid and guide students in emergency protocols as needed
- Follow required cleaning and sanitization procedures
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart in working with others, communicating with team members and all constituents of Landmark Christian School
- Interact with parents in a professional manner
- Be dependable in working your assigned shift and duties independently
- Treat students with respect, love, and compassion while maintaining an orderly environment
- Encourage students in age-appropriate social skills and report any incidents to the director immediately
- Twice yearly, be willing to work 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. on early dismissal days
- GaPDS registry preferred
- Willingness to serve our families in humility and love by providing nurturing supervision during these critical after school hours with the goal of helping the children to transition from school to home in a healthy manner.
- Tasks involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving walking up and down hills and possibly prolonged standing, moving 6’ plastic tables and folding chairs, and pushing and/or pulling of a supply cart during set-up and tear-down.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, Landmark employment application and references to Emily Torrenga, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org